SARASOTA A man with a prior conviction for sexually abusing a child has been found guilty by Sarasota jury of sexually abusing a 13-year-old boy in 2003.
Shane Bozeman Sr., 48, will likely die in prison.
Bozeman was found guilty on of two counts of sexual battery on a child between the ages of 12 and 18 years of age. Following the verdict, Circuit Judge Thomas Krug sentenced Bozeman to 60 years in prison, the maximum sentence permitted.
“The true hero in this case is the adult victim who was finally brave enough to disclose all of the abuse endured at the hands of the defendant,” Assistant State Attorney Kristina Lawrence said in an issued statement. ... Children often disclose only pieces of their abuse. Later on, when children mature into adults, sometimes they are able to find healing from their abuse and summon the courage to talk about the full range of their abuse.”
Man convicted again for child rape. Now, he’ll likely die in prison JESSICA DE LEON bradenton.com NOVEMBER 17, 2017
Former Silver Bluff High School employee gets 20 years for sexually abusing child Tripp Girardeau aikenstandard.com Nov 17, 2017
WATERTOWN — In state Supreme Court in Jefferson County, a Philadelphia man admitted to having sexual contact with a child in May.
Eric J. Leeson, 58, pleaded guilty to first-degree sexual abuse in an incident in Antwerp.
When Justice James P. McClusky asked what Leeson did to bring about the charges, he replied, “I was playing with a young friend of mine when she pulled her pants down, and then her mother walked in the room.”
Leeson further admitted that he then inappropriately touched the victim, who was less than 11 years old.
His sentencing is scheduled for Jan. 25 and he will be held in the Metro-Jefferson Public Safety Building jail without bail until then.
At the time of his arrest, Leeson was employed as a janitor at the Philadelphia Primary School.
Indian River Superintendent James Kettrick said that the incident happened away from school grounds, and that Leeson would have had limited contact with students because of the late shift he worked.
RCMP say that a 27-year-old man accused of sex offences against children turned himself in to Halifax police.
Police asked for the public's help to locate Aaron Byron Cumberland, who they believed was heading to the U.S.
He was wanted on an outstanding arrest warrant and was charged with three counts of child luring, making sexually explicit material available to a child and invitation to sexual touching.
Cumberland — who has also gone by the aliases of Aaron Austin, Aaron-Felix Austin and by the nickname Hiro — was last known to live in Bedford, N.S., but previously worked as a tennis coach for children in the Kentville area.
RCMP say Cumberland is in custody and will appear in court in Kentville.
A 77-year-old man accused of sexual misconduct with three teen boys must wear a leg monitor and remain on house arrest while his case proceeds.
Kenneth Richards of Fouke is accused of inappropriately touching two 14-year-old boys and a 16-year-old boy, according to a search warrant affidavit used to create the following account.
The boys reported to authorities that they had been working for Richards for about two weeks when he began trying to touch them inappropriately while driving them around.
The boys claim Richards made them view pornography with him at his home in Fouke in the 100 block of Attaway Avenue.
According to the search warrant documents, investigators collected computer equipment and digital storage devices as well as two iPhones. They found a box of discs marked "Ken's XXX videos, keep out" and a disc labeled "XXX" with the date Oct. 23, 2017, written on it.
Richards admitted to giving the boys alcohol and admitted to performing a sex act on one of the 14-year-old boys, according to authorities.
The Miller County sheriff's office arrested Richards on Nov. 9 on two counts of indecency with a child, one count of second-degree sexual assault and one count of rape.
At an initial court appearance, Circuit Judge Kirk Johnson set Richards' bail at $75,000 and ordered that he remain on house arrest and wear a GPS leg monitor.
Richards was also ordered to have no contact with the boys. He is to appear in court Dec. 5. The most serious of the charges, rape, is punishable by 10 to 40 years or life in prison.
Arkansas man charged in rape, sexual assault of teen boys LYNN LAROWE TEXARKANA GAZETTE November 18, 2017
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. - A case worker stands accused of having sex with a child he was overseeing and using marijuana with the victim.
Middlesex County prosecutors announced that 23-year-old Miguel Garrido, of South Brunswick, was charged with numerous counts, including aggravated sexual assault and child endangerment. A telephone number for him could not be located and It wasn’t known if he’s retained an attorney.
The victim’s gender was not disclosed, but prosecutors say the child was under the age of 16. They say the sex assault occurred at the victim’s home, but did not disclose further details.
Prosecutors say Garrido was a case worker with a private nonprofit organization based in Middlesex County. His job status was not known Saturday.
Authorities say the investigation is ongoing.
Paedophile spared jail time after pleading guilty to historic child sex crimes against two girls in Dubbo EXCLUSIVE, The Daily Telegraph Nov 19 2017