ST. CLAIR COUNTY, MI -- A 27-year-old man faces multiple charges after authorities claim he sexually abused young children and made por...
martedì 28 novembre 2017
CHILD RAPISTS 234
A "depraved" paedophile who repeatedly raped a six-year-old boy in the 1980s has finally been jailed.
Gary Mottershead, 50, first indecently assaulted the six-year-old in 1981, with numerous other "absolutely disgraceful" incidents taking place over the course of two years. The sex offender was 14 when the rape took place.
It was not until August 2015 that the victim felt able to come forward and Mottershead, from Sale, was finally brought to justice and jailed for six years on Friday (17 November). He was sentenced at Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court for rape of a child and five counts of indecency with a child.
Detective Constable Paul Walls, of Greater Manchester Police's Trafford Borough, said: "Mottershead's behaviour was a complete abuse of trust and shows his depravity as a sex offender.
"The way he acted with a six-year-old boy is absolutely disgraceful and I am so grateful to the victim that he bravely reported Mottershead's actions so that we could bring him to justice."
DC Walls added that the case showed police would always take reports of sexual offences seriously, no matter how long ago they took place.
"Mottershead will now be spending the next six years in prison, giving him nothing but time to reflect on his unacceptable behaviour and keep him safely behind bars," he said.
A former Brooksville school volunteer accused of sexually assaulting teenage foreign exchange students who were under his care was found dead, a day before he was due in court on the charges.
The body of Bruce McAllister was found at the base of a parking garage in West Palm Beach, police said. West Palm Beach police Sgt. David LaFont said McAllister, who was identified from his driver’s license, "appears to have jumped from the parking garage and died."
McAllister, 68, was arrested in April on five counts of sexual assault and 27 counts of misdemeanor battery.
Police said an initial investigation found that he sexually assaulted at least two 17-year-old European exchange students at Hernando Christian Academy, where his wife, Cathy McAllister, was the principal. Investigators continue to look into the possibility that there were more victims.
The school’s attorney, Deborah Hogan, has previously said that Bruce McAllister was "a volunteer assisting in the physical therapy training of athletes." Police have said McAllister told the teens he was an expert in sports medicine and used promises of football fame when he "courted and molested" them.
The teens previously lived with the McAllisters at their former home on Cappleman Loop in Brooksville, and police have said the couple hosted exchange students for years. The assaults took place from September 2016 to February 2017, police have said.
Since April, all but two of the initial charges were dropped. McAllister still faced one count of battery, and one count of sexual battery of a child under 18, court records show.
McAllister was released from Hernando County Jail in early May after posting a $77,000 bond.
It is unclear why McAllister was in West Palm Beach, but Brooksville police Chief George Turner said McAllister and his wife, Cathy, no longer resided in Brooksville. Both had left the school.
Turner said McAllister attempted suicide earlier this year after his arrest, but had no other details.
McAllister also volunteered with the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office, working at the courthouse, but was dismissed after he was arrested.
The investigation of McAllister’s interactions with exchange students will continue, Turner said, until "we have all the answers."
"We are still investigating and interviewing victims to see if anyone else was involved," Turner said.
Both of the alleged victims and others police suspect may have been victims have returned to their home countries. Brooksville police are being assisted by the FBI with out-of-country interviews.
A Jefferson Parish jury of nine women and three men convicted a Kenner man of sexually abusing two young girls.
Carlos Montero Sr., 54, was found guilty as charged on two counts of aggravated rape, two counts of indecent behavior with a juvenile under age 13, one count of sexual battery of a child under 13 and one count of failing to register as a sex offender.
Judge June Berry Darensburg, who presided over the trial in 24th Judicial District Court in Gretna, set sentencing for Jan. 10.
According to court documents, the sexual abuse of the children occurred between 2006 and 2016. The children were as young as 5 and 6.
Montero pleaded guilty in 2002 to carnal knowledge of a juvenile and drug possession, and he has two prior convictions for failing to register as a sex offender.
A Laventille man was denied bail by Port of Spain Magistrate Adia Mohammed, on four charges of sexual assault against a 12 and 13-year-old girl.
Hubert Mannette, 56, was charged by officers of the Child Protection Unit, Port of Spain Division for the offences which occurred between September 1 and December 31, 2016 against the 13-year-old girl.
The assault of the 12-year-old reportedly took place on November 14 this year.
Mannette, who was charged by WPC Whitney Charles, will reappear in court on December 13.
REDWOOD CITY, CA — A man was sentenced to 44 years to life in prison after being convicted of raping his relative continuously for nearly a year, San Mateo County prosecutors said.
Benjamin Ruiz, 40, of unincorporated Redwood City, was given the maximum sentence, San Mateo County District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe said.
Between Aug. 24, 2015 and Sept. 16, 2016, Ruiz molested his biological relative when she was 10 and 11 years old while the girl's mother was at work, prosecutors said. Prosecutors said the girl told her mother who called police.
The judge believed, according to Wagstaffe, "The acts showed a high degree of callousness."
Prosecutors said Ruiz threatened to hit the girl if she told her mother and one time slapped the girl across the face when she began crying.
Ruiz was also convicted of molesting a child 10 years old or younger and continuous sexual abuse of a child. Wagstaffe said the judge denied a motion by the defense for a new trial. Ruiz's attorney Steve Chase was not immediately available for comment.
LEXINGTON — A Lexington man is behind bars, facing charges of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl over a three-year period.
Ryan Douglas McTheny, 45, of 283 Meadowview Road, Lexington, has been charged with sex offense on a child, indecent liberties, felony child abuse inflicting serious injury, assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury, attempted second-degree forcible rape, first-degree kidnapping and two counts of assault on a female.
The charges came after a month-long investigation by the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office.
The child reported to her school resource officer that she had been sexually and physically assaulted by the suspect several times over the past three years. She advised Davidson County law enforcement on Oct. 16 that she felt safe to report these incidents because McTheny was in jail on unrelated charges. The victim was interviewed at the Dragonfly House Child Advocacy Center and provided details to multiple incidents.
Earlier this year, McTheny was charged with first-degree kidnapping, assault on a handicapped person and larceny of a firearm following the charges of tying up a handicapped woman and holding her against her will. At that time, he was placed in the Davidson County Jail on a $250,000 secured bond.
McTheny received an additional $750,000 secure bond on the sex offense charges.
Cheyenne Police have captured a man who has been wanted for sexual assault of a minor for well over a year, according to a spokesman for the Cheyenne Police Department.
Officer Kevin Malatesta says the CPD first started looking for Cody Nelson in April of 2016. But last month someone using the Silent Witness program gave police some information about Nelson’s whereabouts and Malatesta says he was recently arrested in Cheyenne.
Because the information led to Nelson’s arrest, the caller received a $500 reward.
People can always give police information about criminal suspects using the Silent Witness tip line at 638-TIPS or by going online.
Tipsters can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000.
A Raleigh man was sentenced to a total of 34 years in prison in Saline County Court, according to a press release from Saline County State's Attorney Jayson Clark.
Kevin A. Johnson, 42, was sentenced after he was found guilty of three counts of criminal sexual assault and two counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse. Johnson will be required to register as a sex offender for the term of his natural life.
On Feb. 8, 2016, Saline County State’s Attorney’s Office filed charges against Johnson arising out of a series of incidents in which it was alleged that Johnson committed acts of sexual penetration with a minor child. Based on investigation by Illinois State Police and an interview with the minor child, Johnson was charged with five separate incidents that occurred between Oct. 1, 2015, and Jan. 18, 2016.