Post in evidenza

Paedo sexually abused children as young as 4-months-old

ST. CLAIR COUNTY, MI -- A 27-year-old man faces multiple charges after authorities claim he sexually abused young children and made por...


lunedì 20 novembre 2017


A Lexington house owned by twin brothers convicted of sexually abusing young boys has been sold, and part of the proceeds will be used to help child victims.
Jack and Jerry Cassidy were Boy Scout leaders in the 1970s who were convicted in recent years of abusing six children who were 15 or younger at the time.
Much of the abuse happened at their home on Mason Headley Road, where they still lived when Lexington police began investigating in 2014.
Now, the government has sold the house, and part of the proceeds are being given to the Children’s Advocacy Center of the Bluegrass, which advocates on behalf of children who are alleged to have been abused and helps coordinate child abuse investigations by providing a safe, child-friendly place for interviews, medical exams, and mental health and other services.
“We are going to change the narrative of this story,” Winn Stephens, executive director of the center, said in a news release. “What started as a horrible crime will ultimately result in helping hundreds of children overcome the abuse they suffered. These funds will also be utilized to aid in the investigation and prosecution of child abuse cases and to make sure other individuals who hurt our most vulnerable citizens are swiftly brought to justice.”
Jack Cassidy, 80, is being held at the Kentucky State Reformatory in La Grange, according to the Kentucky Department of Corrections. He pleaded guilty in August 2015 to nine felony charges, including sodomy, sexual abuse and possession of child pornography. He was sentenced to 20 years in prison.
Jerry Cassidy died of natural causes on Sept. 10 while incarcerated, WLEX-TV reported. He had been sentenced to 20 years after he pleaded guilty in July 2016 to possession of child pornography, sodomy, sexual abuse and four counts of indecent or immoral practice with another.
Lexington police began investigating in August 2014, when they and other emergency responders were called to the house.
Police found that the Cassidys had documented their abuse of victims, in diaries and other writings, and had evidence of that abuse on display in the house,” the news release stated.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office filed a civil forfeiture action, which is allowed by federal law in such cases, in 2015, “asserting that the home had facilitated the interstate transport of minors for the purpose of sexual assault,” according to a news release. The Cassidys agreed to forfeit the house to the government.
The FBI received the proceeds from the sale through the government’s “asset forfeiture equitable sharing program,” which allows the agency to give as much as 80 percent of the proceeds to local law enforcement agencies that investigated and prosecuted the case.
In this instance, the FBI shared the maximum amount with the Lexington Police Department and the Fayette Commonwealth Attorney’s Office. They, in turn, are permitted to transfer as much as $25,000 a year from the shared money to “community-based organizations that serve a law enforcement purpose.” They are each giving the Children’s Advocacy Center the maximum allowed, for a total of $50,000 this year, with the rest to be transferred next year, according to the news release
Fayette County PVA records indicate that the U.S. government sold the property in January for $115,000.
The forfeiture was jointly announced Wednesday by the U.S. Attorney’s office, the Department of Justice Criminal Division’s Money Laundering and Asset Recovery Section, the FBI, the Commonwealth Attorney’s office, Lexington police and the Children’s Advocacy Center.
“Under Kentucky law, our office could not obtain forfeiture of the property where these horrible acts occurred,” Fayette Commonwealth’s Attorney Lou Anna Red Corn said in the news release. “We are fortunate in Lexington to have law enforcement agencies that work together like this, and as result of these shared funds, we are turning something horrible into something healing for child sexual abuse victims.”

Three men have been found guilty of sexually assaulting a teenage girl in the first trial to come out of the National Crime Agency's investigation into historical abuse in Rotherham.
Sajid Ali, 38, Zaheer Iqbal, 40, and Riaz Makhmood, 39, were convicted by a jury at Sheffield Crown Court of a total of 15 counts of indecent assault.
The court heard the men had plied the girl with alcohol and encouraged her to perform sex acts on each of them.
The girl, who cannot be named, was 12 years old at the time the abuse began in the mid 1990s.
She told the court she had not been popular at school when she started spending time with Ali, Iqbal and Makhmood, who she knew as 'Sos, Booty and Raz', but they had made her feel "wanted".


The girl said that she believed that Ali was her boyfriend.
However, she said that within weeks of meeting them they began to talk to her about sex.
The victim told the court she had not been forced to do anything but the men, who were teenagers at the time, had made her feel that she should.
In his summing up, Judge David Dixon said the three had "manipulated her to do what they wanted to do".
All three men had denied the offences, with Ali claiming not to know the girl at all, saying that it would not have happened in the close knit community in which they lived.
Ali, of James Street, Masbrough, Rotherham, was convicted of seven counts of indecent assault.
Iqbal, of St John's Avenue, Masbrough, was found guilty of five counts of indecent assault and Makhmood, of Falding Street, Masbrough, was convicted of three counts of indecent assault.

Rotherham child sex abuse case: Three men found guilty Nov 16 2017

A Chesterfield County judge has followed a jury’s recommendation and sentenced a Midlothian man to 88 years in prison after being convicted of sexually abusing his 9-yearold stepson.
Following arguments during the Nov. 6 sentencing hearing, Circuit Court Judge Edward A. Robbins Jr. said no evidence was presented that would compel him to depart from the jury’s recommendation.
The jury of nine women and three men deliberated more than four hours on June 29 following a four-day trial before returning guilty verdicts against James David Watwood, 57, of the 14000 block of Birnam Woods Road.
Watwood was found guilty of six counts of forcible sodomy against a child younger than 13, six counts of object sexual penetration and two counts of taking indecent liberties with a child under the age of 15. The jury recommended seven years for each count of forcible sodomy and object sexual penetration, and two years on each count of taking indecent liberties with a child.
The offenses were alleged to have occurred between Aug. 14, 2013, and Jan. 18, 2014, at Watwood’s residence, where the boy’s mother and his younger brother and sister also lived. The victim’s mother had recently married Watwood and moved her family to Watwood’s home in Chesterfield. All three of her children, including the victim, are adopted.
Robbins delayed having the jury deliberate on sentencing upon learning from defense attorney Judd Collier of Glen Allen that Watwood had ingested eight pills of the antidepressant drug Xanax as the verdicts were read. Following treatment at St. Francis Medical Center, Watwood appeared back in court on July 5 for the jury’s sentencing recommendation.
During last weeks formal sentencing, Collier called several character witnesses to testify on Watwood’s behalf.
“The court has learned the fabric of this man,” Collier said. “Do we just ignore the first 58 years [Watwood turns 58 in December] of Jim Watwood’s life? We’ve established that this is a good, caring man.”
Collier argued that a 10-year prison sentence would be appropriate.
Conversely, Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Kelly Cotting argued that Watwood should serve “every second of that 88 years.”
Cotting said the jury heard all of the evidence and determined that an 88-year sentence was appropriate for what she said were “horrible and heinous” offenses.
“Mr. Watwood picked somebody he believed no one would believe,” Cotting added. “He targeted that child on purpose. [The victim] will live with this for the rest of his life.”
The victim, who is now 12, testified at trial that within weeks of his family moving into Watwood’s home, Watwood began abusing him. The boy said Watwood came into his bedroom when the others were sleeping and forced him to engage in sex acts. Watwood told the boy that if he didn’t comply, he’d kill him, the victim told the court.
Watwood and the boy’s mother divorced following a sixth-month marriage and the boy, his mother and his two siblings moved back to Georgia.
The boy’s mother testified that toward the end of the summer of 2015, a store display triggered a flashback in her son, which led to the disclosure of his sexual abuse.
Watwood testified that he never went into the boy’s bedroom at night and that he never sexually abused the boy.
The defense argued that the boy, who had been diagnosed at age 7 with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder – ADHD – made up the sexual abuse story after being influenced by his mother, who felt scorned by Watwood.
Prior to sentencing, Robbins allowed Watwood about an hour of allocution.
“I’m good with God,” Watwood said, reading from a prepared statement. “I did not sexually abuse [the boy].”
Watwood said he regrets that his suicide attempt during trial was unsuccessful.
“I attempted to end my life,” Watwood said. “Much to my dismay, I survived the attempt.”
Watwood said the victim made up the allegations against him and called the boy a “psychopath.”
“I am innocent,” Watwood said.
Watwood remains incarcerated at Riverside Regional Jail in Prince George County pending post-trial motions set to be heard at 8:30 a.m. on Dec. 15. ¦

Midlothian man gets 88 years for sexual abuse BEN ORCUTT Nov 16 2017

A Mastic man convicted last month of sexually assaulting an 8-year-old girl for up to five years was sentenced to 25 years in prison.
Suffolk County Court Judge Barbara Kahn, who sits in Riverhead, also sentenced Guadencio Chino, 53, to 20 years of post-release supervision.
Chino was convicted of first-degree course of sexual conduct against a child, first-degree criminal sexual act and endangering the welfare of a child after a trial that began Oct. 10, the Suffolk district attorney’s office said.
Chino was arrested on Nov. 4, 2016, after a pediatrician detected the child’s abuse, officials said.
His attorney, Donald Mates of Bohemia, said he is going to immediately appeal Kahn’s sentence as excessive. Mates also said the judge may have erred in not allowing him to question a witness during the trial.
“I was prevented from questioning a complainant,” Mates said. “The judge said I was not allowed to. If the jury had heard this evidence, they could have acquitted my client.”

Mastic man gets 25-year prison sentence for child sex abuse Zachary R. Dowdy November 15, 2017

SHERMAN, Tex. (KXII) -- Back in the early 2000s, Kevin Lamance helped put criminals behind bars, working for Bells, Whitewright and Tom Bean police departments.
Now 60, he's an accused criminal himself, charged with sexual assault of a child.
The Wagoner County Sheriff's Office tells us they learned about the abuse when the Grayson County Children's Advocacy Center contacted them last November.
"A 10-year-old girl had reported to them that she had been sexually assaulted while living in Porter, a small town in rural Wagoner County, by the defendant, Kevin Lamance," said Nick Mahoney, public information officer for the sheriff's office.
An affidavit states the girl revealed in forensic interviews "several incidents of sexual abuse" starting when she was eight.
"It continued over the course of two years until the mother actually walked in on the suspect performing a sexual act on the child," said Mahoney.
The mother told investigators she was so frightened of Lamance, she and her children fled to Texas.
"Generally, we don't know abuse is happening, when it's happening. We have cases that come through where abuse has happened in the next room of a family gathering," said Abigail Hill with the Grayson County Children's Advocacy Center. "Abuse is almost always by someone the child trusts, someone you trust."
Lamance remains in jail on a $200,000 bond. He's due back in court next month.
"Very disturbing to all law enforcement, anywhere, that we would have this," said Mahoney. "We're glad to see that he's no longer in law enforcement and we are going to continue to fight to get justice for this victim."
Hill says if you or someone you know is being abused, it can be reported to the Texas CPS hotline at 1-800-252-5400. The Oklahoma CPS hotline is 1-800-522-3511.

Former local police officer accused of sexually abusing young girl Elena Mendoza | Nov 15, 2017

HUNTINGTON - Cabell County prosecutors' story of a young, troubled girl brave enough to tell her story of sexual assault years later led to a jury convicting a Huntington man on dozens of criminal counts, essentially placing him behind bars for the rest of his life.
Michael Daniel Vega, 49, was convicted of 20 counts of sexual abuse by a person in position of trust, seven counts of first-degree sexual assault and 13 counts of first-degree sexual abuse. He faces 440 to 1,425 years in prison when he is sentenced by Cabell Circuit Judge Paul T. Farrell in January, plus an additional 50 years of supervised release should he ever be paroled out of prison.
He is already serving a five- to 25-year prison sentence, with 40 years of post-release supervision, after he was convicted of a similar charge in Wayne County.
In all, five young girls have said they were sexually assaulted by Vega.
The defendant was emotionless as Farrell read the conviction on all 40 counts out loud and polled the jury. He quickly left the courtroom afterward; he had been scheduled for a dialysis appointment directly after the sentencing was read.
After Vega left, the first victim who came forward burst into tears and hugged assistant prosecutors Joe Fincham and Ryan Hamady. Cabell County Prosecuting Attorney Sean "Corky" Hammers said it was a hard sight to see.
"It's obviously difficult for children to talk about such heinous acts that occurred to them five years ago," he said. "In this case it certainly took the courage of these two young ladies and the hard work of the West Virginia State Police and the two assistant prosecutors to get this conviction."
Defense attorney Tim Rosinsky said he still had questions about the inconsistency in the evidence presented.
"It's my job to point them out and the jury's job to see the truth. I believe in the truth," he said. "I believe in our system, and unfortunately I'm going to have to accept this verdict."
In the weeks before his trial, Vega had turned down a plea offer to two counts of sexual abuse by a person in a position of trust, which has a 10- to 20-year penalty per count. In a speech, Vega said even if Farrell had offered him "a slap on the wrist" he would have turned it down, declaring his innocence.
The allegations against Vega started last year when an employee at an Ona group home noticed a girl break down during a family visit. The girl's parents had disclosed a family friend's daughter was alleging sexual assault against someone, and so the girl had asked to speak with the family friend because she knew what they were going through, for the first time disclosing the sexual abuse at the hands of Vega.
From there, meetings with West Virginia state troopers led to the disclosure of allegations against Vega by five different females. At the time of their rapes, this week's trial victims were 10 and 11.
The first victim, who lived in the group home, detailed the attacks in a video-recorded interview with troopers and listed other girls who might have experienced the same thing. When the second victim - a student who excels in the classroom and aspires to join the armed forces - came in for an interview, she did not know why she was there. Her face turned white and emotionless when the trooper brought up Vega.
Around 2011, the girls had been friends with a child Vega knew and who lived at the same Westmoreland apartment complex as they did. Vega would take the girls to the park, out to eat and other places, the victims said, and they would also spend time at his apartment on 2nd Street in Huntington.
While having little connection to one another in the years since the attacks, the girls' stories told at trial were similar in nature. Both mentioned a "tickle" game that took place on the bed in Vega's apartment. Both said he would sexually assault them while they took driving lessons and said he had offered to buy them clothing, phones and other items.
In his opening statement, Rosinsky said there were more than 100 inconsistencies in the stories the girls gave since the cases started. In a rare occurrence, Rosinsky said he had been able to interview the girls before the trial.
"When you lie (the interviews) side by side by side, the pictures were different, but the jury saw ultimately what the picture was, and they believed the girls," he said. "My job is to present a scenario of where they have reasonable doubt, and obviously that effort fell short."
Hammers called the inconsistencies minor, given it had been so long since the events took place.
"I think they heard the testimony of (WVSP Cpl. Marlene Moore) and she put it all in perspective," he said. "When you have two children who are traumatized sexually, it's really unreasonable that everything is going to line up timeline and when it happened, especially when it happened five years ago."

WAKULLA COUNTY, Fla. (WCTV) -- A former Wakulla County music teacher has been arrested, accused of sexual molestation of a child.
The Wakulla County Sheriff's Office received a complaint on September 27 from a woman who claimed that her daughter had been sexually abused by Nicholas Hughes, a former music teacher at Coast Charter School in St. Marks.
Hughes, 32, had been terminated from the school in May 2017.
An investigation was launched into the sexual abuse allegations.
WCSO says detectives determined that between the Fall of 2016 and Spring of 2017, Hughes sexually molested a victim under the age of 16 on multiple occasions and took lewd photographs of her. Detectives say Hughes then continued to communicate with the victim on social media.
On November 3, arrest warrants were obtained for Hughes on two counts of lewd and lascivious molestation and two counts of lewd and lascivious battery. Hughes was arrested at his home in Leon County on November 7.
During a search of Hughes' home, his camera, laptop computer and cellphone were located and seized. WCSO says evidence was located on the devices which confirmed statements made by the victim.
Hughes was booked into the Leon County Detention Facility before being transferred to the Wakulla County Jail. He is out of jail on $40,000 bond.

Former teacher charged with molestation, battery  WCTV Eyewitness News November 15, 2017

A NINETY one-year-old Second World War veteran who subjected a young girl to a three year campaign of sexual abuse has been jailed.
Herbert Hayman was locked up for 15 months at Southampton Crown Court after he admitted sexually touching his victim in the 1990s, beginning when the girl was just eight.
Sentencing him, Judge Nicholas Rowland admitted difficulty in imposing a prison term on the war veteran, due to his age.
But he said that his the offences were “too serious” for Hayman to avoid a custodial sentence, even at 91 years old.
He said: “You were a man who was of previous good character, and you are a veteran, having served your country in the Second World War.
”You are 91-years-old now and I appreciate and accept what has been said both in court and in your pre-sentence report about your deteriorating mental state.
“But these are serious offences for which a custodial sentence can be imposed.”
He added: “These incidents had a distressing affect on her (the victim) both in her past and continue to impact her now.”
The court heard how the indecent assaults took place between 1995 and 1998.
Prosecuting, Mr Martin told the court that Hayman claimed the girl was “sexualised” and had prompted him into the acts.
In mitigation, Gemma White said Hayman had been having suicidal thoughts.
This included an incident just days before his sentencing, in which he turned up to his son’s house threatening to overdose on prescription medication.
Ms White also said that Hayman was aware of the “serious nature” of his crimes and had pleaded guilty at the earliest opportunity.
She asked Judge Rowland to consider not jailing Hayman, due to his age and the historic nature of the crimes.
But Judge Rowland sentenced him to two 15 month concurrent terms for indecent assault and Hayman was given a further six months, also concurrent, for another indecent assault, meaning a total sentence of 15 months.
He will also have to sign the sex offenders register for 10 years.

War veteran Herbert Hayman, 91, jailed for 15 months for indecently assaulting a child James Robinson Nov 16 2017

THE report from an inquiry into how two paedophile brothers ran a sickening campaign of grooming and child sexual exploitation of teenage girls is to be kept secret.
The move has been blasted as a "cover up" by bureaucrats determined to protect themselves from criticism.
The Wirral community was shocked last May when the perverted crimes of Ilavarasan and Vinothan Rajenthiram were revealed in court.
The pair worked at convenience shops owned by their family and at another owned by a friend of their father’s in Birkenhead.
26-year-old Ilavarasan, known as “Ara”, received a 22-and-a-half-year sentence involving 18-and-a-half years behind bars with an extended licence of four years.
Vinothan, who raped one victim, received 18 years involving 14 years in jail and an extended licence of four years.
But now it has been revealed the Serious Case Review which looked into the multiple failings of Wirral Council to protect victims will NOT be made public.
“I am appalled by this decision,” said Conservative councillor Paul Hayes.
“We owe it to the victims of this tragic case to ensure that those who failed them are held accountable and that lessons are learnt.
"How could this possibly happen if this report remains secret and doesn’t see the light of day?”
“Government guidelines are clear, reports such as this should be written so that victims cannot be identified but they should be published.
"The victims of these horrendous crimes should have their anonymity protected - but the people in Wirral Council and other agencies who failed them should face public scrutiny.
"The decision to keep this report under lock and key will undoubtedly lead to accusations of a cover up.”
He continued: "Wirral Council has already been condemned by Ofsted for failing the most vulnerable.
"if we are serious about ensuring children are protected the council should welcome public scrutiny of this report and I invite the Labour leadership to join me in calling for its publication.”
Dr Maggie Atkinson, who chairs the Local Safeguarding Board, said:  “This Serious Case Review examines in great detail the circumstances surrounding the sexual abuse of a child.
“It was my view, as chair of the safeguarding board and entirely independent of the council and all public agencies involved, that there was no way to publish the report which did not lead to a high risk of this child being identified.
 “I could not countenance that risk. It would be morally wrong, and absolutely illegal, to risk identifying the victim of a sexual crime.
My opinion was ratified by legal advice from barristers and my assessment on this matter was specifically sent to, and agreed by the Department for Education.
 “I do agree that it is important the lessons which were learnt as a result of this tragic case are in the public domain and, to ensure they are, I had already requested that a report explaining the recommendations coming from the review – alongside the work which has been done since to address them – was published. This report will be published in the coming weeks.”
Jailing the brothers at Liverpool Crown Court, Judge Norman Wright said: “You both abused your position in the shops to target teenage girls.
"You groomed them systematically finding out their names, getting their mobile numbers or using the victim’s modern media WhatsApp, Snapchat and Facebook.
"They were subjected to highly sexual comments and behaviour,” said Judge Norman Wright.
He said that they befriended the girls, who were aged 14 and 15, and gave them free sweets, mobile phone top-ups and serving them cigarettes “to win their trust and confidence.”
“Once you had built up their confidence you invited them to go for drives, listen to music, chill out.
"The final step was to take them back to unoccupied flats and ply them with alcohol. So you provided a heady environment for young adults.
He said the “catalyst of alcohol was no doubt calculated to disinhibit or make them more compliant to your sexual desires.
It was all about your sexual gratification, not friendship, not being mates, but sexual gratification.
The day before sentence was passed - and reporting restrictions lifted - council cabinet member in charge of child safeguarding Cllr Tony Smith was sacked by his Labour group leader Cllr Phil Davies.
Within hours, director of children's services Julia Hassall had resigned.
In the aftermath of the trial Cllr Davies and Dr Maggie Atkinson - new chairwoman of Wirral’s Safeguarding Children’s Board - insisted "lessons have been learned."
In September 2016 national watchdog Ofsted found "serious and wide-spread failings" in children's services, giving the department its lowest possible rating - "inadequate."




Paedo priest sexually abused children on Caldey Island for decades 18 NOVEMBRE 2017

3-year-old girl raped by her mother’s partner, critical 20 novembre 2017

27-year-old deaf-mute woman raped, murdered 20 novembre 2017

13-year-old girl raped, killed by 19-year-old 19 novembre 2017

2 five-year-old girls raped by school boys 19 novembre 2017

24-year-old woman gang-raped by ex husband, his 3 friends 19 novembre 2017

13-year-old girl raped to death by 30-year-old man 19 novembre 2017

19-year-old girl jumps off ambulance after driver tries to rape her, critical 19 novembre 2017

TEEN RAPISTS 53 18 novembre 2017

5-year-old girl raped by 13-year-old boy 18 novembre 2017

5-year-old girl raped by 35-year-old teacher 18 novembre 2017

Ti piace?

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...