COLWYN, Pa. (WPVI) -- A man is facing child rape charges in a disturbing case out of Delaware County.
Michael Cripps, of Colwyn, Pa., is accused of sexually abusing five children dating back seven years, some as young as 5-years-old.
According to District Attorney Jack Whelan, Cripps would befriend women who had young boys in their custody and use that relationship to assault the boys.
"Make no mistake. This is a serious child predator," said Whelan.
Investigators also said Monday, Cripps had a side business in which he would dress up as cartoon characters for children's parties.
There was no immediate indication he met any of the victims through those parties.
He advertised the business through social media sites such as Facebook, and there are several photos of Cripps with young boys. Authorities are trying to track them down.
Five victims have been identified so far, but authorities fear there may be more.
"We are very concerned that we are just at the tip of the iceberg here in Delaware County," said Whelan.
Whelan said Cripps lived in 17 residences over the years. He said one adult, a man in his 20s, recently came forward after hearing about other victims, saying he too was abused by Cripps.
"He was able to detail numerous sexual encounters," said Whelan. "Very graphic."
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Delaware County District Attorney's Office.
ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) - An Abilene man is currently on trial for a graphic sexual assault of a child case and two other child sex crimes.
Jury selection is underway in the trial of Howard Sturgis, 56, charged with Continuous Sexual Abuse of a Child, and two counts of Indecency with a Child.
Sturgis and his codefendant, Chelsea Diaz, 29, are accused of subjecting two young girls to various acts of sexual abuse for years. Diaz does not have a trial date set until January.
Court documents claim one victim told detectives the couple would make the children sniff "spray" from a rag during some of these incidents.
Another charge was issued after a victim came forward and claimed Sturgis sexually assaulted her several times a year for three years beginning in May of 2007, and a third charge was issued after an additional victim told detectives Sturgis had inappropriate sexual contact with her for years beginning when she was 8-years-old in 1993.
Sturgis is being held in the Taylor County Jail on bonds totaling $400,000.
Oswego man sentenced to 7 years in prison for sexually abusing child October 30, 2017 Sarah Moses syracuse.com
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Bernalillo County Sheriff's deputies arrested a 62-year-old man on multiple counts of sexually abusing three young girls, according to a criminal complaint.
James Highfield faces three counts of criminal sexual penetration of a child under 13 years old, three other counts of criminal sexual contact of a minor, and three kidnapping counts.
An investigator with the BCSO Special Victims Unit received a report of the possible abuse. The criminal complaint details incidents where Highfield touched the girls in a sexual manner and photographed them.
One incident involved Highfield sleeping with a 4-year-old girl while the others involved two 8-year-olds, the police report states. Authorities spoke with the girls in a safehouse interview where they described the incidents in graphic detail.
Deputies spoke with Highfield where he reportedly cooperated, admitting to the abuses.
"James became emotional as he confessed his actions, and advised that he did not have intentions of hurting the girls," the complaint states. "Shortly before ending our interview, James requested to write an apology letter to the girls and was afforded the opportunity to do so.
Highfield has previous convictions for sexual abuse, one involving a minor in South Carolina from 1997 and another in Alabama from 2002. BCSO investigators learned Highfield failed to follow his conditions of being a sex offender when did not provide his Albuquerque address or disclose his employment.