Accused killer now faces child molestation charges Howard Packowitz
IREDELL COUNTY, NC (WBTV) -
An Iredell County man who is accused of sexually assaulting a 7-year-old girl in July is facing additional charges in the incident.
According to the Iredell County Sheriff's Office, Brentley Jason Byers, 28, reportedly sexually assaulted the victim between July 21 and July 22 at a home on Olin Loop Road. Byers was arrested and charged with statutory rape of child by adult and given a $1,000,000 bond.
On Tuesday, deputies filed more charges against Byers for one count of felony statutory sex offense with a child and one count of felony child abuse inflicting serious injury.
Byers was reportedly left alone with the 7-year-old and three other children, and a family member came to pick up two of the other children on the evening of July 21, deputies say.
The mother of the 7-year-old girl said she left for work at 7 a.m. on July 21 and returned around 1 p.m. the next day to find her daughter sitting in the chair with blood on her. That's when the girl said she had been sexually assaulted.
"Indications were that the crime occurred during the night when only two small children and the suspect were in the home," deputies say.
Evidence found in the home, including clothing in the washing machine, was consistent with a sexual assault, deputies say.
The 7-year-old went to Iredell County EMS and later to Brenner Children's Hospital in Winston Salem. Deputies say the child will likely need surgery due to the extent of her injuries.
"The victim has suffered extensive injuries from the assault," deputies say.
Byers was given an additional $1,000,000 bond for the new charges, which increased his total bond to $2,000,500, according to deputies.
Deputies say more charges may be filed.
LAS CRUCES - A Texas man suspected of sexually abusing a 7-year-old girl was arrested last week by Doña Ana County authorities and charged with more than three dozen sexual assault charges, jail and court records show.
Guillermo Sosa, 58, of Anthony, Texas, was arrested on a warrant charging him with 26 counts of first-degree criminal sexual penetration of a minor under 13 years old and 13 counts of second-degree criminal sexual contact of a minor under 13 years old, according to court records.
Sosa remains jailed without bond at the Doña Ana County Detention Center.
The charges stem from nearly 40 incidents that occurred earlier this year from January to April.
The girl told authorities that Sosa had sexually assaulted her every time she stayed at a relative's home, according to a criminal complaint.
Sosa admitted to authorities that he "accidentally" touched the girl in an inappropriate manner and soon afterward began "having fantasies" about her, the complaint states.
He further admitted that he would walk around the house at night and inappropriately touch the girl while she was sleeping, the complaint states.
Sosa made his first court appearance on Monday, and a preliminary hearing in his case has been scheduled for Sept. 12, court records show.
A Candor man learned his fate for the sexually abuse of a preteen girl.
Matthew Williams, 33, was sentenced to six years in prison with ten years of post-release supervision, according to the Tompkins County District Attorney's Office.
Williams was convicted by a jury in Tompkins County Court on May 19. He was found guilty of first-degree sexual abuse and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child.
In June 2016, Williams bought alcohol for two 12-year old girls, prosecutors say, and drove them to a secluded campsite in Danby State Forest.
Officials say he gave the girls alcohol and sexually abused one of the girls in the back of a pickup truck.
The girls were located the following morning after running away from Williams and hiding in the woods for several hours.
New York State Police investigated this case.
Candor man sentenced for sexually abusing 12-year-old girl in back of pickup truck David Hermanovitch Aug 28, 2017
A St. Tammany Parish grand jury indicted Ross Patrick Bernard, 40, of Ponchatoula, on two counts of aggravated rape, two counts of sexual battery on a child under 13 years old, one count of oral sexual battery, one count of sexual battery, three counts of indecent behavior with a juvenile, and one count of failure to register as a sex offender.
Bernard is accused of abusing at least five juveniles between 2012 and 2016. He also is charged with failing to register as a sex offender for a prior conviction on felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile. Bernard fled to Virginia, where he was arrested on a warrant for the current charges.
His case is set for pre-trial motion hearings on Sept. 13.
Paedo couple faces life sentences for sexually assaulting 3-year-old girl, making child porn 1 SETTEMBRE 2017