Two brothers from Newton face multiple sex abuse charges after they were accused of sexually abusing the same child, according to criminal complaints.
Dustin Cooper, 39, and Shawn Cooper, 41, were arrested and booked into Jasper County Jail on Thursday.
Between December 2016 and March 2017, Dustin Cooper sexually abused a girl under the age of 12 five separate times at his home at 813 N. Fourth Ave. W., according to the criminal complaint. He also admitted to performing lascivious acts on the girl, according to the complaint.
Shawn Cooper admitted to sexually abusing the child 12 separate times at his place at 1800 S. Fourth Ave. E. and Dustin Cooper's place between May 2016 and December 2016, according to the complaint.
Dustin Cooper was charged with five counts of second-degree sexual abuse and one counts of lascivious acts with a minor.
Shawn Cooper was charged with 15 counts of second-degree sexual abuse.
PBSO findings: child no longer wants to live after repeated sexual abuse Frank Maradiaga August 26th 2017
Boynton man admits to sexually assaulting 7-year-old; calls it a ‘mistake’ Frank Maradiaga August 23rd 2017
Las Vegas police arrest man on child sex charges Mike Shoro Las Vegas Review-Journal August 25, 2017
A 30-year-old Odessa man will spend 40 years in prison after pleading guilty to six felony charges accusing him of raping his daughter, who was 6 years old at the time of his arrest last year.
Jeramy Sanchez pleaded guilty on Aug. 23 to five counts of aggravated assault of a child and one count of continuous sexual assault, according to a release from the Ector County District Attorney’s Office. Sanchez will have no possibility of parole.
Odessa police began investigating the sexual assault when the girl acted out in class by asking other students if they wanted “to have sex like boyfriends and girlfriends,” which resulted in the students telling a teacher, who then alerted authorities.
The girl later told interviewers that her father abused her sexually and “that she told her father to stop, and he told her not to tell anyone,” a probable cause affidavit stated. The affidavit also reported that the girl said her father recorded a video of the reported sexual abuse.
Kane County Judge D.J. Tegeler has rejected a bid by Noel Buhay — the Sugar Grove man convicted of sexually assaulting his foster son a decade ago — to have his 45-year prison sentence reconsidered.
Buhay, 50, claimed in a recent motion that the lengthy punishment was "excessive" and failed to consider his otherwise "law-abiding life" before being charged with predatory criminal sexual assault in 2014.
A jury convicted Buhay after Kane County prosecutors at a March trial outlined months of sexual abuse and assaults while the then-pre-teen boy was in the care of Buhay and his wife in Aurora in early 2004. A lawsuit against Buhay tied to that victim is currently pending with a September court date scheduled.
On Thursday, Tegeler set a February trial date for Buhay on dozens of similar charges filed in 2013 relating to a second foster child who prosecutors accuse Buhay of sexually assaulting. Authorities allege Buhay committed sexual acts between February 2004 and April 2005 with the child, who was approximately 11 years old at the time.
Buhay, who has pleaded not guilty to the multi-count indictment, returns to court in October for a pre-trial hearing on those charges.
Sentence upheld for Sugar Grove man serving time for sexually assaulting foster son Dan Campana Aurora Beacon-News August 25 2017
Paedo couple faces life sentences for sexually assaulting 3-year-old girl, making child porn 1 SETTEMBRE 2017